I had a single RBNU in a pine grove while out X-C Skiing at Poosey Conservation area today. This has been a scarce bird in these parts this year. In fact it was first one I've had this Winter. Unfortunately many of the Pines were dying like they are all over the area. Not many other birds around, though did have a Pileated Woodpecker, Loggerhead Shrike, and 1 Rough-legged Hawk. Same time last year had 5 RLHA there and some years up to 10 in that area. Maybe more have went farther South this year?

    Saw 5 Swans fly across Hwy 36 this eve just east of Grand River bridge. They were headed South.

Later,

Steve Kinder
Chillicothe