From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Patricia Urban
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 8:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Hawk question

Today around noon I saw a huge hawk fly into my back yard and land on my back privacy fence.I only had a few moments to put his markings in my mind.
 His back was to me he did turn his head to the side. I'm not sure if it was a red shouldered hawk, red tail? He was so beautiful and believe he was looking for a song bird at my bird feeders.
His back was deep brown with patterns of white mixed in but mostly brown.
His tail was short brown in color with a bit of whitepatterns, no bands and no red. His eye was all brown. His chest was rusty orange like a robin. His size seemed big but I don't know if he just had his feathers puffed out. I didn"t see him fly because I was trying to get my camera. I think next time I will just study the beautiful bird. Any ideas?
Patricia Urban
Columbia,Mo