Hey all,

I've got a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker back for his third snack of the afternoon at
my suet feeder here in Columbia.  We are north of I-70, so I consider myself in
the "north" region, which showme-birds.com states YBSA is a 'rare' winter
resident (uncommon in the south).  Probably not one to report to MRBC, but
definitely noteworthy to me...I've not seen one in 2 months!

Others include the winter commons: Cardinals, House Finch, Downy Woodpecker,
Titmouse, White-throats, Juncos, Song Sparrows, and my one Am Tree Sparrow.

I will say, having my 100 sq ft "prairie" area in the back yard has increased the
bird activity and I've seen several birds use it to dive under the snow.  If you
have the space, patience, and permission, I'd encourage everyone to let a little
bit of their yard grow 'wild'.

Cheers and good birding,
Chase
Columbia, Boone Co., MO