Today my wife Debbi and I had an annual trip to Clarksville, MO to see
eagles, and the number of eagles was probably the largest I could recall.
We also saw some Bald Eagles at Winfield Lock and Dam No. 25 and along
Winfield slough. I found five species of ducks - Mallard (most numerous),
Gadwall (second most numerous), Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail ( a
lone male), and Green-winged Teals plus about 100 Canada Geese - in the
Winfield slough. I don't think I ever saw that many eagles in one day
before. As a matter of fact, it was awesome. Debbi took a lot of pictures
both in Winfield and Clarksville. I did not check out B.K. Leach CA because
I was afraid the roads may not be cleared and I did not want to take any
chance of getting stuck in the snow. My Dodge Grand Caravan is not a four
wheel vehicle.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner