The ETS (Eurasian Tree Sparrow) that nest in the box on my front porch think Spring is coming!  They renewed their vows in the last few weeks and have been weaving their new nest.  They start around 7:30 am collecting pieces of botanicals, take turns entering the box with their find, and then work for awhile before leaving for more.  I empty the box every Fall to give them something to do in the Spring, and it's amazing the amount of material they use and pack into the box.  Unfortunately, I often find children that don't make it still in the box, too.  They usually have 4 broods between March-August and have been visited by birders from all over the US, Canada and England.  Let Spring begin!

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO

Sent from my iPad

ASM Spring Meeting: May 2-4, 2014 in Jefferson City