Thank you Josh Uffman for your wonderful find!  It inspired us to go and
visit Young CA, a place we love - and which is gorgeous in winter.
(Great place for butterflies, too!) Chrissy and I really lucked out
today in seeing and refinding this bird at 2PM.  We found it hanging out
just where you described.   What an experience! Frozen tree-lined creek,
snow coming down softly and crunching under our feet, and bird delights
sprinkled everywhere:  Bluebirds, Chickadees, Creepers, Golden-crowned
Kinglets, Pileated, Downy, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Yellow-bellied
Sapsuckers, Song Sparrows, Field Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, Fox
Sparrows, American Tree Sparrows, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Carolina Wren,
Red-tailed and Red-shouldered Hawks, Hermit Thrush and Cardinals to name
a few. Even an Eagle nearby.    We were able to get a few so-so photos
of the Solitaire, but lighting was poor.  Here's a link to our best:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/12420587343/
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/12420587343/>

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO