To everyone who might have planned to join the "Riverlands etc." trip this
Saturday, Feb. 1:

Due to predictions of bad weather for Saturday (freezing rain in the
morning), Mike Grant and I have agreed to postpone this trip by one day, to
SUNDAY, FEB. 2.  Predictions for that day are cold but OK.

Sorry if this creates difficulties for anyone, but you can imagine the
difficulties of trying to bird in a cold rain, especially if the roads are
bad.

If you know of any folks who were planning to come on Saturday and may not
be  regular readers of this list, please let them know.

Below, I am repeating the time and place and other information, which will
be exactly as before except for the one-day postponement.

WHAT:     St. Louis area field trip, full day, sponsored by St. Louis
Audubon Society.

WHEN:     Sunday, February 2 (3 days from now)

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond parking lot, Riverlands.  From the north side of
I-270 in north St. Louis County, take MO-367 north (signed to Alton).
 Cross the Missouri River and continue past the stoplight at MO-94.  Just
before you reach the bridge over the Mississippi to Alton, turn right at
the gas station. Go straight past the station to the intersection with Wise
Road, just beyond the pond; turn right there and go a short distance to the
parking lot.

MEETING TIME:   8:00 a.m.  I will be there early to scout around; feel free
to look for me along Riverlands Way or down at the dam.  I will get back to
Teal Pond by 8:00 to meet everyone.

TENTATIVE PLAN:   The itinerary will be flexible.  We will consolidate cars
as best we can and proceed to a series of vantage points around the
Riverlands area.  This might include the Illinois side, and/or the road to
Confluence State Park, or the Cora Island unit of the Big Muddy National
Wildlife Refuge.  Around noon we will head to a fast-food lunch, and for
those who wish to continue, we will proceed to Columbia Bottom CA.

WHO:   Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society
or not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted.
 I expect that the river and the ponds will remain somewhat as they were
this weekend -- iced up but with some patches of open water, a mix that
generally means a good variety of waterfowl and gulls and generally good
viewing conditions.

LEADERS:  Possibly one or two other members of the leader group will join
me in leading this one.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/