There are plenty of Blue Jays in Southeast Missouri! Some years they just don't hit feeders, for unknown reasons.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

From: "Dan Cowell, Animal Wonders" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: No sighting- query about absence of Blue Jays

Hi Marge (and list)

I've noticed quite the opposite around the KC Metro.  A friend of mine from Austin went with me to James A. Reed prior to the New Year and couldn't was amazed at the large number in the area, easily 50 seen that day.  They seem to be doing quite well around here.

A species that I'm concerned about is Bobwhite.

Dan

--
http://www.animalwonders.net - Programs to Enhance Appreciation of the Natural World
 •  816-807-4748 • [log in to unmask]  • http://www.facebook.com/animalwonderskc •