Poor pic. Taken Sun 1-26   2:45PM on E Vemers Ford Rd at S W Corner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94521489@N04/12174900734/

Cold and windy. Noting in my Sibley bird book, that shrikes hunt small
vertebrates, I was watching a kestrel, red tail and northern harrier hunting
the area. I decided that this bird would be hunting also.Suddenly up from
the ground cover the Shrike appeared up to a small sapling. It seemed to
be checking out the ground below.
Hazlewood from Columbia stopped by. She mentioned this road seemed to
have better sightings. I would agree. I was about 5 car lengths in from the
corner. It gives you a good view left to right.

Tom Halfen
Holts Summit