Sorry Clark, but did you actually read the article?  I could have said that
Lesser Prairie Chickens, and ALL federally protected migratory birds and
wildlife, are under attack by the political powers that rule Kansas.  That
way, I'm just stating a non-partisan fact instead of revealing my honest
disgust.  The fact that all those politicians are of a certain political
party is what it is.

As for using a wide brush to dictate what does or does not belong on a
statewide bird listserv, please recall that ASM is a conservation
organization with an emphasis on birds.  Where the welfare of birds are
concerned, there are no sacred cows.  I'm sorry if it's hard to reconcile
your opposing beliefs, but when politicians of a certain political
persuasion are the sole cause of a specific problem that adversely affects
birds, they deserve to be called-out.  Period.

This forum is about Missouri birds - not Kansas birds, but the lesson has no
boundaries.  I bird both sides of the state line just as many in St. Louis
bird IL, too.  Neighboring states' laws that ultimately affect MO birds and
birders is part of this forum, and mostly about the organization as a whole.
Historic Lesser Prairie Chicken range kissed the SW border of MO.  Whooping
Cranes migrate through central KS and occasionally stray to western MO -
they are targeted by this political agenda in Kansas.  If Eskimo Curlew
still exists, it would migrate through KS - another target.

I have no further comment except to say it's very disappointing to have
purported 'birders' siding with an obvious enemy of the birds.  Read the
article - if it doesn't turn your stomach, you're no conservationist and
you're certainly no birdwatcher.

Chris Hobbs

Lenexa, KS