From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Bollin III, John J.
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 12:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Snowy Owls hunting ducks

During the 2011-2012 Snowy Owl irruption.  Mark Robbins and I collected owl
pellets from one of the sign post on the Jetty at Smithville.  It appeared
that the bones from these pellets were primarily Ring-billed Gull.  With the
large gull roost there I am not surprised.  I expect that they will take
about anything that they can get their talons on.
John Bollin