Some additional comments:

Many records in CACHE/SPARKS lack comments when they are warranted because the observer did not realize that there was something that indicated a need for comments.  If you are surprised or especially pleased about a sighting, that may be an indication that you should discuss it in the comments section.

Things that might warrant additional notes include:

number---an unusually high number (varies by species, season and location)
date--even slightly early or late dates deserve noting that the observer is aware of early/late date for this species
range--should seem obvious, but even experienced birders may not realize significance of a find being out of range/date in areas beyond the birder's usual birding venues

And, beyond the description of the bird, include the habitat, behavior and species associating with, if any.

There are several sources to check while in the field if you are in doubt about adding comments,  The Annotated Checklist of Missouri Birds (online and in print), and the MDC booklet, Enjoying Missouri's Birds are easy to take along.

Finally, if you learn after your report has been posted that comments should be added, you can edit (add) comments by going to the "My Reports" feature in  CACHE/SPARKS reports.  If you need help with this process, email me.

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator