From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Brad Jacobs
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Northern Shrike at Bradford Farm Boone County.

I was checking the SW corner of Bradford Farm this morning to see the
Loggerhead Shrike, and found a Northern Shrike in the same place. I can see
how this bird might be confused with a Northern Shrike. The Loggerhead may
still be out there.

This bird has a large bill with a hook at the end, a light base to the lower
m axilla, wavy lines across the breast (hard to see), the eye is bordered
above by gray, and there is no black over the front of the head above the
bill.

I have some pictures I can send you on request.

Bradford Farm:   4968 Rangeline Road,  Columbia, MO about 7 miles east of
Columbia, Boone co.

http://aes.missouri.edu/bradford/contact.php

Brad

Brad Jacobs

Missouri Department of Conservation

P.O. Box 180

Jefferson City, MO 65102

573-522-4115 ext. 3648

  _____

Archives <https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html>  / Subscription
options <https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1>  / ASM
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ASM Spring Meeting: May 2-4, 2014 in Jefferson City Details and Online
Registration <http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>