I went out to the same spot around 10 am and saw the same number of eagles. I then drove the river road north in Boone County and saw many eagles in trees along the river, flying over the river standing on the ice and catching thermals over the Missouri River Bluffs. I did not keep an exact count, but I estimate I saw between 35 and 50 birds, mostly juveniles. No golden eagles identified.

Mark Gutchen
Columbia, MO