The Snowy Owl was still at Long Branch SP this morning around 10 a.m.. I observed the owl in the rip rap southeast of the dam. There's snow on the rip rap making the owl very difficult to see naked eye.

As you pass the Visitor's Center heading west on Visitor Center Road, look on the north side of the road for a brown pedestrian walking sign with a skinny yellow caution sign under it. I scanned the rip rap with my binoculars to the west of that sign and located the Snowy Owl.

On the drive up to Macon on Highway 63 this morning, I also saw one Bald Eagle in the air, another in a tree alongside the highway and I had three swans fly over my car.

Kevin Wehner
Columbia, Mo.