I'm not sure what a "long-necked" duck might be, but the best way to view appearance of domesticated duck varieties is to google that phrase. I also sometimes view the varieties on hatchery web sites. That being said, the darned things hybridize in all sorts of ways, so sometimes it is impossible to tell which variety is involved.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

________________________________
From: MARGE LUMPE <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:24 PM
Subject: Question about long-necked ducks-Late post

On Tuesday of this week a couple of what my sister and I tentatively identified as long-necked ducks came to our prairie in front of our home.  They stayed most of the afternoon and into the late evening.  We were unable to find these geese in any of our bird guides and determined that they must be domestic ducks.  We were not able to find any other information about them, and we wondered if any of you out there have any.  Anything would be appreciated.
Happy Holidays,
Marge

Marge Lumpe
P. O. Box 448