Two Mobirders have written to note that the same story circulated with JFK as the airport venue.  If this is the site, my apologies for posting and raising hopes of nearby owls.  I felt it preferable to post and alert birders to potential owls, rather than have present birds be unknown to birders.

I certainly don't want to send anyone on a "wild goose/owl chase" but personally, I'd rather have a heads up labeled as 'Unconfirmed' than have no clue that unusual birds may be present.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/