Frankie's photos are great--even a bathing Snow Bunting!

I just checked the SPARKS reports for Long Branch State Park.  No one who has seen the Snow Buntings this season has reported them into the SPARKS database.  It is very important that these records appear, as the SPARKS data are used by birders, researchers, and  DNR for management decisions and practices.

Please, if you are one of the fortunate few who have seen the Snow Buntings at Long Branch in 2013, file a trip report.

And, if you're willing and able to brave this winter weather, check out what birds are enjoying this or other Missouri state parks and our more than 1,1000 MDC managed sites.  Buntings, shrikes, gulls…who knows what's out there.  Iowa can't have ALL the good ones!

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator