Dear Missouri Birders,
The fall season (August 1 - November 30) is over. Please send me your Fall Seasonal Reports by December 10, at this e-mail address.  If you  do send by mail, please send me an e-mail off the list and I will e-mail you my mailing address. Your seasonal report should include any  significant sightings from the fall season (August 1 - November 30).  Examples of "significant sightings" include:
-- any species listed as "rare", “casual", or "accidental" on the  Annotated Checklist of Missouri Birds: http://www.mobirds.org/RecordsCommittee/MOChecklist.aspx
-- late summer departure or early winter arrivals
-- high counts or unusually low counts (also include a note if a
species usually present in your area during this period appeared to be completely absent or unusually abundant).

Information regarding the weather events in your area will also help me greatly!

PREFERRED FORMAT -- An Excel document with the following data:
 1)  Species (sorted in checklist order, please)
 2)  Number observed
 3)  Date
 4)  Location (include COUNTY)
 5)  Reason sighting is being included - This is not always understood, so please clarify.
 6)  Any additional notes (such as age/sex, notes about how you arrived at a particularly difficult identification, and whether you submitted documentation for casual or accidental species). This is VERY important is the record is unusual.

The data you provide is used to produce the regional report published in the American Birding Association's "journal of record for birders," North American Birds; and a summary of sightings is also published in the ASM's quarterly publication, The Bluebird.

PLEASE REMEMBER -- Your sightings must be submitted directly to me in order to be considered for inclusion in the final seasonal report. Sightings posted only to MOBIRDS-L will NOT be included in the report.

If you have decent quality photographs to go with your sightings please send them to me as well for inclusion in the report.
Please send your sightings to: [log in to unmask] by December 10.
And, if you have any questions, please ask me.
Thank you!
Peter
--
Peter Kondrashov