I just had to respond after Brad's posting on the "difficult" Snow Buntings. On Wednesday, a visiting birder spotted a Snowy Owl at Union County CA, which lies in Illinois about 10 miles north of Cape Girardeau. Multiple local birders from Cape Girardeau and Jackson have now seen this bird, including me about two hours ago. So.....yes, indeed, there are now Snowy Owls afoot!

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau