I had a junco at my office window yesterday (Brentwood, MO) that had typical slate-colored plumage top side, but a very streaky breast below. I haven't seen that before, and can't find anything quite like it in the guides, so I'm hoping someone can help me with the ID. My best guess is a young bird part-way between juvenile and adult plumage. However, the streaks seemed bolder and more continuous than the fine broken streaks of the typical juvenile plumage, making me wonder if it might be a hybrid with some streaky sparrow.

If it comes back I'll try to get a picture.

Dave Scheu

St. Louis, MO