A hummingbird has been visiting a backyard feeder for several weeks in Webster Groves and today it was banded by Lanny Chambers.  It is an immature Ruby Throated female.  Interestingly, it had a healed injury to its mandible.  We speculated that the injury, now healed, may have been the reason for it being late in migration.  Photos will be up later on my Flickr page.  She weighed 3.6 oz. btw.
Special thanks to the homeowner and to Al Smith and Pat Llueders for contacting Lanny Chambers for the banding.

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co., Mo

Sent from my iPhone