Tuesday evening before the cold front hit literally tens of thousand of robins were flying over Rolla. It is not unusual for me to count over a hundred just in my yard. About 8 years ago we had a million bird robin roost  outside Rolla, at times the robins were so thick heading to the roost that it seem like a never ending procession. AT this evenings Ozark Rivers Chapter meeting we discussed the robins and it looks like we are in for another monster count. I will keep you posted.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

ASM Spring Meeting: May 2-4, 2014 in Jefferson City