All,
If you haven't experienced Viera Wetlands in Florida I highly recommend it on your next trip south.  It serves as a shining example of how one county in Florida figured out that birders and nature photographers are not the enemy.  Instead, they see us as a valuable source of tax revenue which every city and county needs in order to operate their water reclamation facilities.  They have made Viera Wetlands free and open to the public and all they ask is that you please sign in so that they can keep track of how many visitors they receive.  As a result, it has become a birding hotspot in the state and the envy of many other counties.  Here's just a few of the links on this unique sewage treatment facility.

http://www.wildlifesouth.com/Locations/Florida/VieraWetlands.html
http://www.brevardcounty.us/NaturalResources/EnvironmentalResources/Wetlands
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/water/wastewater/dom/wetviera.htm

Bill Blackledge