From: Chris Barrigar <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: No sighting: Public listings, private locales, and sewage lagoons

Greetings!

Wow! Bill's mention of Viera Wetlands really rung my bell as I had just this morning been researching that location as a potential spot to visit this December . . . just this very morning. Crazy coincidence, or providence? I guess this location is OFF the "potential" list and now on the "must visit" list.

To piggyback on this discussion. My first public waste water experience outside of Berrien Springs County, Three-Oaks, MI where we birders were allowed to view the lagoons from outside the 7 feet tall fencing was the summer of 2006 in Tucson, AZ at the Sweetwater Wetlands Area. We had just landed at the airport and upon renting our vehicle, the Sweetwater Wetlands was immediately our first stop after leaving the rental lot. There, we were "privy" to many awesome species including Least Grebe, White-faced Ibis, Purple & Common Gallinules, etc.
http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/water/sweetwater

Another place we visited later in the week was Sierra Vista Wastewater Wetlands where we heard a calling Virginia Rail and saw a Yellow-headed Blackbird.
http://www.sierravistaaz.gov/water/eop/content.php?fDD=22-244

Bird on!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.