It is my naive belief that a public post about a sighting does encourage others to visit said area as long as it doesn't encroach on private property, etc.
Most times, a caveat is included regarding sensitive areas.  I did not read such things in the recent Carlyle Sewage Lagoon report.  Perhaps now we know.
Heck, I have a hard enough time talking about Little Creve Coeur Lake access and now Darst Bottom in Weldon Spring yet I warn.  No hard feelings, maybe just a little heads up next time.

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co. Mo
Sent from my iPhone