For those who might have taken me seriously, forget my earlier facetious
idea about trying to pretend you are getting compost in order to get in
and bird at the lagoons.  I just found out that only residents of
Carlyle are LEGALLY allowed to be back in the lagoon area - and ONLY to
get compost.  Carlyle normally keeps the gates closed to this lagoon
area due to their concerns about liability, but has opened them lately
to let residents get compost.  It is normally TRESPASSING to go past
these normally closed gates.  So, basically, NO ONE is supposed to be
back there for birding purposes.  One of the officers suggested talking
to the Chief of Police or the Mayor and getting permission to be back
there - if you are determined.  Maybe Dan Kassebaum has such permission
- and the other birders who bird there.  I would like to know.  If they
do not have permisson, they should NOT be encouraging othes on this list
to do something ILLEGAL.

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO