I was walking near Bellerive Elementary School in Creve Coeur this afternoon and I encountered an interesting bird.  As I walked around a curve a large white bird flushed off the road side.  I walked up to where it had flown with visions of Snowy Owl dancing in my head.  When I saw the bird which had perched nearby, it was almost all white Red-tailed Hawk.  It showed a weak pale brown hood and there might have been a touch of color in the tail, but to the naked eye at least it was otherwise all white.  It is the palest Red-tail, I have ever seen.

David Becher
Saint Louis