Birdwatching is a very effective way to keep one's ego in check.  Just when
you start getting compliments for your endeavours, some LBJ's (Little Brown
Jobs) can cut you down to below their size....

Here's my account of how I started from scratch....

http://deponti.wordpress.com/2006/04/16/birdwatching-and-me/

So newbies...never lose heart! Even those top ornithologists once looked at
a crow and sparrow and asked, "What's that?"

I'm back home and enjoying myself immensely. Here's my blogpost about a
delightful little bird which started off my back-home sessions of birding:

http://deponti.livejournal.com/1030034.html

I'm happy to follow your updates from Missouri, too! It's been great to
have my birding world widened.

Cheers,  Deepa.