Here's the Columbia Audubon Society's field trip schedule for November
2013. All trips are free and open to the public.

Kevin Wehner
CAS Field Trip Coordinator
Columbia, Mo.

*Saturday, November 2 – Joint Field Trip With River Bluffs Audubon Society*

Destination: Runge Conservation Nature Center and Binder Lake, Jefferson
City, MO

Departure Point: AC Commuter Parking Lot

Leaders: Jane Frazier & Rich George

Contact Phone: Kevin Wehner - (573) 815-0352 or [log in to unmask]

We’ll carpool from the AC Commuter Parking Lot at 8 a.m. The lot is located
just south-east of Highway 63 at the AC/Grindstone Parkway/New Haven Road
exit. If you’re not joining the carpool, meet at the Runge Nature Center at
8:45 a.m. Directions: From the intersection of Highway 63 and 50 in
Jefferson City, take 50 west to the intersection of highway 179. The Runge
Conservation Nature Center is located approximately half a mile north on
179. After the trip we’ll have lunch near Binder Lake at Dudley’s Café
(Note: Dudley’s Café only takes cash).

*
*

*Saturday, November 16*

Destination: Fayette Lakes (D.C. Rogers & Peters) for birding, and Possum
Haw Antiquarians for coffee and book browsing/buying.

Departure Point: Northwest corner of the Columbia Mall parking lot (Target
end, near the corner of Bernadette and Fairview Rd.). Carpool leaves at
7:30 a.m.

Leader: Edge Wade

Contact Phone/Email: (573) 268-3714 or [log in to unmask]

We will bird the two lakes, then go into Fayette to Possum Haw Antiquarians
on the north side of the square for coffee, book browsing and visiting with
owner and long-time CAS member, Jim Wallace. Participants have the choice
of returning to Columbia before lunch or having lunch in Fayette.

*RSVP to [log in to unmask] by Wednesday, November 13, so we will know how
many to expect.* Please indicate if you can drive, if needed, and whether
or not you want to return to Columbia for lunch.

*
*

*Saturday, November 23*

Destination: Twin Lakes & Hinkson Woods Conservation Area

Departure Point: Songbird Station, 2010 Chapel Plaza Court #C, Columbia, MO

Leaders: Kevin Wehner

Contact Phone: (573) 815-0352 or [log in to unmask]

Meet at Songbird Station’s parking lot at 8 a.m. The trip will be 3 hours
long and will return to Songbird Station’s parking lot.