Here's the Columbia Audubon Society's field trip schedule for November 2013. All trips are free and open to the public.

Kevin Wehner
CAS Field Trip Coordinator
Columbia, Mo.

Saturday, November 2 – Joint Field Trip With River Bluffs Audubon Society

Destination: Runge Conservation Nature Center and Binder Lake, Jefferson City, MO

Departure Point: AC Commuter Parking Lot

Leaders: Jane Frazier & Rich George

Contact Phone: Kevin Wehner - (573) 815-0352 or [log in to unmask]

We’ll carpool from the AC Commuter Parking Lot at 8 a.m. The lot is located just south-east of Highway 63 at the AC/Grindstone Parkway/New Haven Road exit. If you’re not joining the carpool, meet at the Runge Nature Center at 8:45 a.m. Directions: From the intersection of Highway 63 and 50 in Jefferson City, take 50 west to the intersection of highway 179. The Runge Conservation Nature Center is located approximately half a mile north on 179. After the trip we’ll have lunch near Binder Lake at Dudley’s Café (Note: Dudley’s Café only takes cash).

Saturday, November 16

Destination: Fayette Lakes (D.C. Rogers & Peters) for birding, and Possum Haw Antiquarians for coffee and book browsing/buying.

Departure Point: Northwest corner of the Columbia Mall parking lot (Target end, near the corner of Bernadette and Fairview Rd.). Carpool leaves at 7:30 a.m.

Leader: Edge Wade

Contact Phone/Email: (573) 268-3714 or [log in to unmask]

We will bird the two lakes, then go into Fayette to Possum Haw Antiquarians on the north side of the square for coffee, book browsing and visiting with owner and long-time CAS member, Jim Wallace. Participants have the choice of returning to Columbia before lunch or having lunch in Fayette.

RSVP to [log in to unmask] by Wednesday, November 13, so we will know how many to expect. Please indicate if you can drive, if needed, and whether or not you want to return to Columbia for lunch.

Saturday, November 23

Destination: Twin Lakes & Hinkson Woods Conservation Area

Departure Point: Songbird Station, 2010 Chapel Plaza Court #C, Columbia, MO

Leaders: Kevin Wehner

Contact Phone: (573) 815-0352 or [log in to unmask]

Meet at Songbird Station’s parking lot at 8 a.m. The trip will be 3 hours long and will return to Songbird Station’s parking lot.