Hello fellow bird enthusiasts!  I am coming to St. Louis next week for work. I live on the Western slope of Colorado (Grand Junction) and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your Eastern species while I'm there.  This will be my first time in the area, and only my third time east of Denver!

I am a fairly new, but avid birder and lister, and also a photographer.

I'm flying in a few days early, just to bird, and I'm hoping to get some good birding in on Thursday 10/31 and Friday 11/1.  I'm wondering if anyone can give me some quick advice on must bird areas, or if anyone would like to join me for some birding either or both of the two mornings.

I've done some research on the area and made a list of what I want to see. ETS is my only must see, and I'm hoping to get a good photograph for my photo life list.  I will have a rental car for my two birding days, so I'm planning to hit a few areas, and possibly chase down some life birds that I need.  At the top of my list after ETS, are the two owls you have that I don't see in western Colorado: Eastern Screech and Barred.  I wonder if anyone has a reliable, or likely spot to see either or both of these (bonus if I can see them in the daytime for a photo!)

After my two birding days, I'll still be around until the following Wednesday (11/6), but I won't have the rental car so I probably won't do much birding unless it is close to my conference which is near downtown.  The only exception is that if something really great shows up I may have to chase it down!

Here's the full list of what I'm after, that I think I have a good chance of seeing:
ETS
Barred Owl
Eastern Screech Owl
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Red-headed Woodpecker
Sedge Wren
Eastern Bluebird
Field Sparrow
LeConte's Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Eastern Meadowlark

There are quite a few Eastern migrants that I'd love to see as well, but perusing e-bird it looks like most of them will be gone by the time I get there.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Jackson Trappett
Jackson's Flickr photos
Jackson's Photo Lifelist

P.S.  I'm new to this list, so hopefully a request like this is ok.  I joined a few weeks back and poked around looking for rules and didn't find anything saying I couldn't do this, but if I'm out of order, please let me know.