I saw my first Dark-eyed Juncos of the season while walking my dog in the park on Sunday, 10/20.  There were several flitting around in a tree.   I was glad to spot them, but sorry that they are bringing winter behind them.

Susan Seyboth
Kansas City, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Jo Ann Eldridge <[log in to unmask]>
To: MOBIRDS-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Mon, Oct 21, 2013 11:08 pm
Subject: Re: junco

I also had first of season Dark-eyed Junco this morning in our front side yard under some fading flowers loaded with seeds. Caught just a glimpse of the flashes of white in the tail, which I've always compared to cheer-leader skirts that were worn when I was in high school.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay Co.