Greetings!

Just a friendly "Heads Up" . . . uh, er . . . figuratively and literally.

According to news from my birding birthplace in SW Michigan: from atop a sand dune this morning sits one of my mentors watching/reporting Rough-legged Hawks migrating southward along with other raptors such as Red-tailed Hawks, Kestrels, and accipiter species. He stated that he had 15 Rough-legged Hawks pass by in ten minutes time.

It could be a good year for Rough-legged Hawk sightings in MO (possibly even higher number of Golden Eagles); so when out and about keep peeking now and again upward!

Good birding!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO