Thanks to Dave Becher for helping me ID the Red-throated Loon this afternoon in Ellis Bay in MO, very close to Riverlands Road about 1/2 way between Heron Pond and the observation tower.  The Red-necked Grebe continues in Teal Pond on the western side near the rock jetties when I saw it.  What a thrill to see both birds on the same day at the same place!

Many ducks in Ellis Bay including Am. Widgeon, Lesser Scaup, Ringed-necked, Gadwall, Shoveler, Green-winged Teal, Redhead, Ruddy, Mallard, Bonaparte's Gulls, and at least 2 Horned Grebe.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO

Sent from my iPad