Was curious what others on the list who may be in the path of this big
construction project going through west central Missouri have been affected
by this.  It is running all around my location (Holden) & you can hear the
machines all day.  I noticed as I travel southwest towards through Johnson
into Cass, there are fields that supported lots of waterfowl, larks,
longspurs, & other ground birds during the winter have been torn to shreds.
One particular spot just to west was white with Snow Geese all last winter,
but now just a huge trench & barren dirt.  A very sad sight knowing how it
used to be (hopefully will again once the work is done).  I've not been
northeast, so wondering if it's as bad that way as well and what effect this
will have on wintering birds this year.

Dan Cowell

--
http://www.animalwonders.net - Programs to Enhance Appreciation of the