Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 08:33:31 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Hummingbird in Warrensburg
To: [log in to unmask]

I saw a hummer on one of my feeders Thursday afternoon also. I took it to be an im. Ruby-throated.

Mike Grant
Chesterfield, MO

Sent from my ASUS Pad

Neal Young <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I had a  hummingbird show up at the feeder late last evening.  It was an immature, but I could not see it well enought o ID the species.  i did not have my binocs with me and it just fed for 15 - 20 seconds and left and did not come back.  We have a very light frost here this mornong, but I made sure there was fresh mix in the hummingbird feeder before I left for work this morning.

Keep a feeder full for the late migrants and watch out for unusual hummers this time of year!

Neal Young
Warrensburg
Johnson County, MO