MOBirders-
Just thought I should pass along an observation of a possible BLACK-BILLED MAGPIE reported to eBird by Cindy Ringkamp yesterday.

There is no photo at present, but the details I've received are as follows:

"fairly large, jay-sized, with a long slender tail, totally black head and beak, white chest and white patches on top of wings"

The bird was seen from DuBourg Hall on the St. Louis University - Frost Campus on 14 October. I'm not sure if it has been seen since, and I have no additional information at this time.

Keep in mind, particularly given the time of year, that it is possible that this could be an escaped cage bird.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow
310 Tucker Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211

ASM Spring Meeting: May 2-4, 2014 in Jefferson City