I'm going to deeply miss Bob--I had just found out that he was sick earlier this week. Bob was always front and center at the Mingo CBC, always cheerful and eager to get going, and always had a kind word.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

________________________________
 From: judy bergmann <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:01 PM
Subject: Bob Lewis of Farmington - Sad news

MoBirders:  Many of us received the sad news this morning that our beloved Robert (Bob) Lewis passed away yesterday.  He was founder of East Ozarks Audubon Society which meets here in Farmington.  He was active until the end, writing our newsletter, buying seed and maintaining the feeders at Dr. Crouch Sanctuary at Engler Park in Farmington.   I understand he was a past president of Missouri Audubon as well.  He led trips, was always at meetings, and his and Joyce's home was always open to birders for special meetings, fixing dozens of sandwiches when the butterfly garden was underconstruction at Engler Park, etc., etc. He was once an interpreter at Rocky Mountain National Park.  He was pleased not long ago to see his 600th North American bird.

     Arrangements are incomplete.  Visitation will be Sunday from 5 to 8 P.M. at Cozean Funeral Home in Farmington. Funeral service will be Monday morning, but I do not as yet have the time. For those who might want to send a card, the Lewis address is: Mrs. Joyce Lewis,  26 Tanglewood Court, Farmington, MO   63640.

Judy Bergmann
Rural Bonne Terre, MO
St. Francois Co.