Just a reminder that the Columbia Audubon Society has a field trip tomorrow, Saturday, October 19. All are welcome to attend! Full details below. Thanks!

Kevin Wehner
CAS Field Trip Coordinator
Columbia, Mo.

Destination: McBaine Wetlands & Lower Perche Creek

Departure Point: Songbird Station, 2010 Chapel Plaza Court #C, Columbia, MO

Leader: John Besser

Contact Phone/Email: (573) 639-2211 or [log in to unmask]

Meet at Songbird Station at 7:30 a.m. or the Katy Trail parking lot in McBaine at 8 a.m.

On the last weekend before duck-hunting season, we’ll check out early ducks and other wetland species at Wetland Cells 1 and 4 along Perche Creek near McBaine.

We’ll carpool into the wetlands area and bird on foot around the large cattail wetlands, along the lower MKT Trail, and along lower Perche Creek. Target birds will include ducks, rails and other marsh birds, as well as birds of the fields and forests along the creek.

A spotting scope may come in handy for viewing ducks on the wetlands. The trip will be 3 hours long. We recommend water resistant footwear.