Walking the mowed trail through the tall grass at the Audubon Trails Nature Center I spooked up a Merlin setting in ambush on a woody plant (Oak tree), he flew toward me and then turned 90 degrees never getting any higher than a couple of feet above the tall grass. Great look at one of the prairies more stealthy hunters.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO