Brian Wheeler responded after looking at the photo on his home monitor, and
politely acknowledged still shots of Accipiters can be tough and fraught
with error.  He was comfortable calling this individual a "pale-type (head
nearly white) juvenile Sharp-shinned Hawk", of which he's photographed a
couple at Cape May.  He pointed out the wings on this individual are not as
rigidly perpendicular as on a Cooper's.  I personally couldn't attest to
that feature, but I'll definitely try to be cognizant in the future.

For those who may be unfamiliar with Brian, he co-authored 'A Photographic
Guide to North American Raptors' with William Clark and Pete Dunne, as well
as his own pair of field guides, 'Raptors of Western (and Eastern) North
America'.  He's incredibly modest, but also a fanatical student of raptor
identification.  Since I've already thrown in the towel (well, sort of . . .
I did make my own ID decision yesterday!), this is still a fun learning
opportunity!

Chris Hobbs
Lenexa, KS