From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Chris Hobbs
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Eagle Bluffs accipiter

Brad's assessment makes sense.  Nothing about the bird suggests Cooper's, so
the description it was 'large' led me to think Goshawk.  The greater
likelihood is that size was misjudged, which is easy to do without a
reference.

Raptor expert / author Brian K. Wheeler viewed it on his phone, and his
initial impression was Sharpie.  Tomorrow he'll take a look on his monitor
to confirm.

Fun stuff!

Chris Hobbs
Lenexa KS

Sent by Chris Hobbs via iPhone

The Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Discussion Forum ASM Spring
Meeting: May 2-4, 2014 in Jefferson City Details and online registration at: