Cathy Spahn of Wildbird Sanctuary and I saw three LeConte's Sparrows about 50 yards in front of the east blind at Heron Pond. Further out, closer to the water, three Nelson's Sparrows put in an appearance. There were multiple Marsh Wrens in the same area. I saw only one Sedge Wren. Later Cathy spotted a Western Grebe in Ellis Bay. It was hanging around the log where the cormorants sit. Seven Bonaparte's Gulls flew up the river. A handful of Am. Coots and two Ruddy Ducks were FoF species for me. Two Cattle Egrets were feeding along side of Riverlands Way. Tree Swallows were all over Ellis Bay and Heron Pond.

Connie Alwood
St. Louis County