Hello Eliot & MO Birders,

It was quite a surprise to find myself mentioned on this listserv after being an active reader for so many months.  I guess this was the nudge I needed to come out of the woodworks.

Unfortunately, this is my first fall migration as a bird watcher, and I wasn’t able to ID everything I saw-Kennedy Forest was teeming yesterday.  I wish I had known I was speaking to someone so skilled, and I would have asked for help!  Below is a list of the ones I was able to pin down:

Dark Eyed Junco

White Throated Sparrow

Brown Creeper

Yellow Rumped Warbler

Yellow Crowned Kinglet

Red Bellied Woodpecker

American Goldfinch

Downy Woodpecker

Blue Jay

American Crow

European Starling

Mourning Dove

Eastern Towhee

Northern Cardinal

American Robin

Eastern Wood Pewee

Tufted Titmouse

House Wren

Carolina Wren

*After reviewing Eliot's list, I realized I most likely saw several Nashville Warblers, too

**I believe there were also several Empidonax flycatchers present in the prairie section of Kennedy Forest.

Best Wishes,

Julie Smith

St. Louis, MO