Mobirders,

Bill Clark and I had a very pleasant day yesterday, birding Fountain Grove CA, Pershing SP and Long Branch SP.  Finds included hundreds of swallows, teal, a sleeping male Common Nighthawk, my first of the season Ruby-Crowned Kinglet, 2 Nashville Warblers, and White-throated Sparrows.

We are nearing the end of the current agreement period for SPARKS, and I will have a report to write soon.  Please submit SPARKS trip reports for visits to state parks you may not have yet entered into the database ASAP.

At this writing, we are less than 1 hour short of our goal of a minimum of 20 volunteer hours birding Prairie SP and Big Oak Tree SP.   A visit to either of these would be especially valuable.

And remember, as we head into heavy hunting seasons, there is NO HUNTING in Missouri State Parks, so these are safe venues to bird.

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator

ASM Spring Meeting: May 2-4, 2014 in Jefferson City