Last Saturday, St. Louis Audubon led a walk for Chesterfield Parks &
Recreation. Despite the gray skies, 30 species were found in a 2 1/2 hour
walk.
Highlights include:
FOS White-throated Sparrow
Song Sparrows
Many Yellow-rumped warblers and Robins
Chimney Swift
a possible Brewer's Blackbird.

The walk started at the Chesterfield Amphitheather. There were more leaders
than participants (likely scared off by the threat of rain). Mindy Mohrman,
the City of Chesterfield Forester, led us around the south side of the lake
behind the amphitheater, over a bridge to the woods on the SW side of the
lake. She then led us past the playground and waterpark to the Riparian
trail. None of us knew of its existence unitl Saturday! This gravel,
sometimes paved trail was probably just under a mile in length and includes
some very nice boardwalks over creeks. The woods are somewhat dense. Some
of the walkers reported GH Owls, warblers and pileated Woodpeckers on their
previous treks through this hidden gem. Mike Grant, Susan Eaton, Karen
Meyer and I all remarked that we have to visit this little hidden oasis in
other seasons, especially spring and check out the activity. If you are
interested in checking this trail out, go to :
http://www.chesterfield.mo.us/trails.htm
Mary Dueren

Here is our list from the walk:

          Red tailed Hawk