I also saw a small flock of nighthawks at that same time over my yard the weekend before last.  They were heading northwest, which I thought was odd.

Lori Turner
Columbia, MO

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John and Nancy Solodar
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 6:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Nighthawks

We had at least 6, maybe more, Common Nighthawks flying high over our yard this evening around 6:15 pm.  Somewhat late I thought, but Robbins and Easterla report that flocks are sometimes seen into the first week of October with mostly singles after that.  Latest sightings were in November.

John Solodar
University City, MO 63130

Archives<https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options<https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website<http://mobirds.org> / Email the list owners<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ASM Fall Meeting: September 27-29, 2013 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park Details and Online Registration<http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or via phone at 573-449-4181 and destroy all electronic or paper copies of the original message.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/