We had at least 6, maybe more, Common Nighthawks flying high over our yard this evening around 6:15 pm.  Somewhat late I thought, but Robbins and Easterla report that flocks are sometimes seen into the first week of October with mostly singles after that.  Latest sightings were in November.

John Solodar
University City, MO 63130