Oops! Sorry about all that copy and paste foul-up! But you get the idea, I hope!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO

________________________________
 From: Larry Lade <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: Unusual Chimney Swift Behavior

I received this from the people to whom I send my counts of Chimney Swifts.

"Larry,

Actually, this is very common behavior although most people never see it.

Departure is very different than entry.  The swifts do not leave in the morning at any particular time.  In fact, this late in the season, they may not leave until late in the afternoon, or they may leave early for "snack" and pile back in.  They apparently want to conserve energy and store up fat for the migration south.

Thanks for your interest.  We hope this information is helpful.
I received this from the people to whom I send my counts of Chimney Swifts.

Larry,

Actually, this is very common behavior although most people never see
 it.

Departure is very different than entry.  The swifts do not leave in the morning at any particular time.  In fact, this late in the season, they may not leave until late in the afternoon, or they may leave early for "snack" and pile back in.  They apparently want to conserve energy and store up fat for the migration south.

Thanks for your interest.  We hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Paul and Georgean Kyle
Project Directors
Driftwood Wildlife Association